Zaps tend to have the reputation of being used for recreation, but they can also come in handy for serious business! Recently we have seen an influx of small businesses building Zaps for quick and easy company websites. Zaps are sprouting from restaurants, Cake Pop shops, jewelry design, wedding photography, extreme sport venues, clothing boutiques, and practically every industry under the sun.
By creating a customized business Zap, business owners don’t have to hire outside help in order to establish a company website. Remember- no coding knowledge is needed! Avoid paying big bucks for a website that may appear less than satisfactory. Instead, take a walk through your business snapping a few choice shots, add some quick product or service descriptions, then finish it off with your contact info and you’re done.The Zapd app is a free tool that numerous small businesses are taking advantage of to get online in literally a couple of minutes.
The keys to producing an effective business Zap:
Company websites are meant to provide information to potential customers, gain exposure, and to build your business over time. We have a few suggestions to help your business Zap make an impact:
• Upload appealing images: In order to make your business Zap visually engaging, you should add good looking business logos and photos. Customers trust what they see! In turn, logos help remind users of your brand(s), and additional images set the tone for your business, products, and services.
• Organize your information: We recommend that you don’t overload your Zap with too much information. A large block of text tends to be more difficult to read so sort the text into paragraphs or bullet points to make it clearer. Remember to provide the business’ address, hours, and the contact information.
• Include a map: Along with sharing the building’s address, add a photo, link, or screenshot of a map to help viewers find your location.
• Customize the URL: This is important! After publishing your business Zap, customize the URL so that the name of your business is featured in the Zap URL. This way, your Zap truly represents your business, and can be easily recognized.
• Be creative! Last but not least- Since your business is one of a kind, your Zap should be too! Add personal touches to the Zap to make it your own. Happy Zapping!
The Zapd team
Some Current Business Zaps: